How to Achieve a Pedicure Salon Results at Home
Most people think that pedicure means only getting your toe nails trimmed and painted in a fun color. But in reality, having a pedicure done is a nice way to relax your feet and keep them healthy at the same time. So, if you want to spoil yourself, here are the things you need to do in order to achieve pedicure salon results:
- Remove any nail polish you may have on, with a cotton pad soaked in nail polish remover.
- After that, you need to trim and file the nails to the length and the shape you desire. Keep in mind that filing is better for them, but if they are extremely long, you should clip them first before smoothing them out.
- Then, it’s time to prepare a foot bath. Use a container filled with water that can fit both your feet at the same time. Put slightly heated water in the container and also some kind of a comforting fragrance, that could be just a body wash.
- Massage them with cuticle softener. If you don’t have a specific product, you can use olive oil for the job. The areas you should target are the heels and the cuticles around your nails.
- Towel dry your feet and use a foot grater to scrub their bottom. You should focus the scrubbing on the heels and the area under your big toe.
- Then, while your skin is still soft from the water, you should use a cuticle cleaner and pusher to push back those cuticles and clear the nails.
- Use a pedicure brush on top of the nails, so you can clear them deeper. Then, use a buffer to smooth out the surface of the nails.
After that, it’s time to apply the nail polish. Start by using a base coat, so your nail color can stay longer. Once the base coat dries, apply the colorful polish you chose and when it dries too, draw on the design you want.
Finally, set everything with a top coat and then massage your feet with a lotion.
If you want that experience but you don’t want to do it on your own, you should visit a pedicure salon, such as Stellar Nails. We are located in Overland Park, KS and can be contacted at (913) 681-2929.